Friday, January 25, 2013

Creating a plan

It's a little cliche but it's unreal what you can accomplish when you make a plan. 

A little less than a week ago, I went to the pool for a swim workout and discovered the masters class in session.  I looked at their workout as written on the chalk board and feeling strong, attempted to swim the distance as outlined.  As background, for the last couple of months, my swim practice distance has been around 1,000-1,250 yards which included my warm up.  

The masters plan was some 3,900 yards (I did not know this until I added it up later) and while I did not complete the entire distance I did complete around 3,100 yards, and did so feeling strong.  After finishing the session I had the coach on deck write down the swim workout and thought; I'll swim this program again. 

Today I did just that.  And, while I did not feel quite as strong as last Saturday, I finished 2,400 yards!  I'm blown away that I could nearly double my distance and beyond by simply by having a preset workout!  
Hope this finds you all well...and avoiding the flu.
Lee     

1 comment: