Friday, September 13, 2013

IMWI Swim Leg


The IM swim leg was challenging due to wind, waves and lots of athlete contact throughout the entire 2.4 mile.  The wind was fairly heavy causing rolling waves bigger than I have experienced.  Athlete contact wasn't too aggressive like getting kicked in the face, punched or having my swim goggles ripped off.  Rather, disruptive annoyances like locking arms, having my feet and legs grabbed, or, having an athlete try to swim over me from the side or the back.  And one that irritates me the most, encountering a swimmer that is careening off course that forces me to slow down and drop below them in order for me to stay my course.  
Despite the waves and swimmer contact I had a strong swim (1:18) and beat my goal time by two minutes!  By sheer coincidence I entered the water with my friend Brett and came out of the water with him as well…what are the odds of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment