Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Ironman Wisconsin - In The Books

Wanted you all to know that I'm alive and well!  The outpouring of prerace well-wishes and postrace congratulations is overwhelming, thank you! 
The race exceeded my expectations - I loved every mile of it!  The on-course support was humbling, uplifting and meant more to me than can be imagined.  I'm still in a bit of a daze as the race took it's toll on my body, but with each day I'm feeling better.  I'll provide much more detail (about the nasty waves on the swim, my flat tire at mile 110 and an awesome run!) in the coming days but here's the first snippet of the event!     
I was fortunate to have two support teams with me on race day!  This is my family and friends from KCF...my training partners support team are not pictured, yet.
The KCF kids that are being blessed by your gifts!
Half of the bike transition area
Minutes after the swim start
 Bike course photo
Run course photo

No comments:

Post a Comment