Thursday, April 11, 2013

April Showers

One of the benefits of early morning training is that I never fight snowstorm traffic!  I arrived at the pool this morning at 5:30am well before traffic developed as the result of this most recent snowstorm.   

I did a timed distance swim this morning in masters class...I tried to pace myself and kept a nice relaxed stroke.  Despite feeling slower I was actually a minute faster than the last timed effort.  Some of you are thinking, oooh a whole minute - really?!  Triathlon is measured in minutes.  It's very common for several athletes in my age group to finish within a minute or two of each other! Last year I missed a podium position by :38 seconds!  And more than this...I've had many races both tri's and runs where my overall time year over year is within a couple minutes.  Think of that...I race for 2-1/2 hours and my time is within a couple minutes of last years time - unreal!    

No comments:

Post a Comment