Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Emotional Stress


I’m sorry for not being able to post for the last week, I’ve been involved with several difficult and sensitive issues that have prevented me from getting to this. 

...Most significant is the passing of a co-worker who unexpectedly died while on vacation in the Philippines.  He was swimming and seemingly struggled with an undercurrent and was overcome by a heart attack, details remain vague.  As a senior member of our management team I’m responsible for industry communication; as you can imagine it’s  been a bit hectic. 

There’s no doubt that my training has been affected by outside factors occurring in my life right now.  I’m putting in the time based on my schedule but I’m not as mentally focused as I would like to be.  Likely related, I allowed poor eating habits to creep into my diet and I've felt the effects of this...I’m mostly back on track now as evidenced by a good weigh-in this morning but the week of Easter was brutal. 

Hopefully only temporary but, I’ve developed a hiccup in my calf.  It has yet to slow me down much but has been nagging me while running! 

I’m nearly set on final arrangements for the San Diego ITU triathlon…only 15 days out! 
  • Bike shipping arrangements - check
  • Flight arrangements - check
  • Hotel accommodations - check
  • Rental car - check
  • Gear checklist - check

No comments:

Post a Comment