Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter Sunday

The celebration of Easter is one of, if not my favorite holiday.  I remember fondly going to the sunrise church service (outside) with my family as a young boy.  I love the traditional fanfare and celebratory music complete with trumpets...And, being a morning person I looked forward to the sunrise on Easter morning!
As Easter approaches I mourn Christ's death on the cross and yet I'm joy-filled for the renewal and grace we receive through His resurrection on Easter morning...what a blessing!

Training has been solid this week, I've been careful yet steady in what is a fairly ramped-up schedule.  I'll run some 22 miles, spend nearly 4 hours on the bike and swim 2 hours!  The good news is that I'm without injury and feeling balanced and fit despite a bit of a backward slide in my eating habits.

I had lunch today with Ginger Palm, CEO of Kenya Children's Fund.  I continue to learn more about the wonderful impact KCF has upon the children of Kinyago Dandora, Kenya.  I hope to post a video for you next week that will show some of their good work!

I am thankful for you, your encouragement and support in this long journey of mine!
Blessings to you and your family...He is Risen!

Lee

 

2 comments:

  1. It was such a delight to meet you and hear about your quest. It's a big one and I think you'll be quoting Philippians 4:13 a lot. God bless you, as you train and may HE keep you from injury! These kids are so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement Janice! I look forward to seeing you again soon.
      Lee

      Delete