Monday, May 13, 2013

A break in the action

Last weekend I ventured north to our family cabin for the traditional Minnesota fishing opener.  Despite ice-covered waters and a hellacious 25 mph northwest wind that basically prevented us from fishing, we had a wonderful time!   
There were 11 of us in camp and only three fish caught all weekend...My son and I caught all three!  There is a tremendous amount of planning & coordination to this trip so it's hard to pull the plug when the weather pulls a fast one. While we had fun doing numerous other activities it was a bit of a bummer to miss out on what can be excellent fishing!     


The silver lining was that I was able to get in a solid 4-mile and a 6-mile run which eased my mind a bit from missing a weekend of training.  The downside, this trip is plagued with lots of tempting food that I allowed myself to indulge!  And despite my constant anxiety about gaining weight during the last month, I continue to really struggle with unhealthy eating and have gained back 5 pounds in the last month. 

Moving on...
On Sunday, I run the Gear West Duathlon (run/bike/run).  I'm looking forward to it despite being 5 pounds heavier than I care to be and not feeling as fit as I want right now!  
I have a very full training schedule for the next three weeks leading up to the Liberty Half Ironman...more on this later.

Keep your mind clear and your eyes focused on the goal!
(not sure where that came from, just made it up)
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment