Thursday, May 9, 2013

Strong Effort

My training post half marathon has been solid.
  • Monday - Rest
  • Tuesday - 60 minute masters swim (2,200 yards)
  • Wednesday - 30 mile bike ride with some of the Gear West Tri Club guys 
  • Thursday - 4 mile run followed by 60 minute masters swim (2,800 yards)
Let the games begin!
I feel strong and very prepared for increased endurance training which starts next week! I have two races scheduled within the next 30 days.  The Gear West Duathlon (3 mile run, 19 bike, 3 mile run) is on May 19th and the Liberty Half Ironman triathlon (1.2 mile swim, 56 bike, 13.1 half marathon) June 8th. 
More details on these two events coming soon. 

I'm headed to Lake Vermilion for the Minnesota fishing opener later this afternoon.  I've been doing this trip for as long as I can remember...some 40 years! Most of the guys including my father are in their 70's and 80's.  The exception is my son, Will (15) who regularly joins the group.  A tradition-rich experience that is hard to beat.  Unfortunately, due to the terrible weather we have had here in Minnesota this spring, our lake is mostly ice covered which of course will make fishing very difficult.  I'll give you a report next week.       
Lot's going on for sure...
Mothers day is Sunday!
Regards,
Lee  

No comments:

Post a Comment