Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Liberty Triathlon



My Minnesota season opener tri is in 16 days and counting... Training wise, I'm feeling a little flat as of late and have hit a plateau.  I'm not feeling that I've made much progress and seem to be in maintenance mode.  Having said this, my training schedule is ramping up significantly in duration and distance in order to prepare for the Liberty Half Iron (1.2 mile swim / 56 bike course / 13.1 mile half marathon).
  • Monday - 60 minute swim
  • Tuesday - 45 minute bike followed by 3 mile run
  • Wednesday - 60 minute morning spin class  / 90 minute evening bike
  • Thursday - 60 minute masters swim / 5 mile evening run
  • Friday - Rest day
  • Saturday - 14 mile endurance run
  • Sunday - 3 hour bike followed by a 3 mile run
Two other notes of interest.
  • I'm back on a vegetable, fruit and lean protein diet in order to shed five pounds before race day...I feel good about this!
  • I pushed it a little hard yesterday in my spin/brick class with some sprint intervals and tweaked my right hamstring...stay tuned!
          

No comments:

Post a Comment