Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Emotional Roller Coaster


Yesterday, I was talking to Laura my Tuesday morning spin instructor about bad eating habits and confessing my downward spiral and the fact that I've put on 5 pounds, blah, blah blah...Among other things we agreed how important healthy eating is to performance.  Her last comment however, made me stop and think.  She said "Ironman training is certainly an emotional roller coaster!"

It occurs to me that it's easy to focus on the training challenges and mechanics of swimming, biking, running, recovery, the time commitment, etc. etc. But Laura hit it on the head; the emotional aspect of this adventure is significant.  Reminding myself to keep things in perspective and to keep a positive attitude on the daily ups & downs and realizing that this is a journey.  The emotional aspect is as much a part of successful training as the fitness.  Good stuff for sure, thank you Laura!            

As I hoped and mentioned here earlier, USA Triathlon generously included a write-up of my Ironman adventure and desire to bring attention to the Kenya Children's Fund in their current newsletter.  I'm humbled and feel blessed to receive national exposure for this wonderful organization! Thank you USAT!
You can click on the image above to see the full story.       

And remember, keep your emotions in check...you're doing a great job!
Stay healthy and train smart.
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment