Friday, May 24, 2013

A Time To Reflect


I’m embarrassed to share this with you, but, it relates to my Ironman training experience of which I’ve committed to post here.    

Last weekend I clumsily knocked a heavy pointed object off the wall.  It dropped point down onto the arch of my right foot– Wham!
My immediate reaction was to loudly cuss and swear.  My wife and daughter came running down the stairs, concerned and wondering what had happened. Still in shock I was irritated by their questions and let them know this!  Soon after, I hesitantly removed my shoe and sock to reveal a sore and bruised foot.     

Fast forward 4 days…On my run yesterday, I had an epiphany.  Rather than expressing anger over my minor injury, (although still bruised) I should have rejoiced and been thankful that I did not suffer a serious bone fracture in my foot that could have potentially shut down my training and caused a long road to recovery.  In the midst of difficulty I often miss the blessing. 

I’m humbled as I listen to the interviews of people in Oklahoma that have suffered destruction and complete loss of their home and community.  Numerous times I’ve heard them express on national television how truly blessed they are…so genuine and humbling for sure!   
Please forgive my selfish behavior, Lord.  Thank you for answering the many prayers of people seeking your blessing and favor over my injury-free training.     

Killer weekend of training on my doorstep...see post below for lineup.
Blessings to you all on this Memorial Day weekend.  
Lee             

No comments:

Post a Comment