Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Blessing of Encouragement

I receive very few comments on this blog, but I know you're out there, the analytics indicate 2,200 views to date.  When I do receive encouragement it's humbling and uplifting - thank you!  With permission from Ginger I share her encouragement with you.   

Love your blog, Lee. 
I want to thank you for such a humble commitment, first to our Lord, and secondly to His precious little ones in Dandora.  Participating in this venture with you and realizing all of the challenges you are facing as you train, I am reminded of Paul's words in;
1 Corinthians 9:24-27:
 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air.  No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

Running an Ironman is no small feat and I admire all of the discipline and grueling preparation you are putting into the training.  It is truly inspirational and I would like to use your example to motivate our KDS students as they "run the race" in developing the essentials for Godly leadership.  We must all strive to train diligently in our faith journey.  Our daily ups and downs can be stabilized through prayer, Bible study and worship.  Christ will give us the strength to persevere in ministry and the grace to run strong…because in Him we have already won the race! Thank you again, Lee.  I plan to write about you in my own “blog” and how your Ironman Adventure challenges all of us to “go the extra mile” for Christ Jesus.
In Christ Alone, Ginger
President/CEO
Kenya Children's Fund
http://kenyachildrensfund.org/about/news.php#19
We can't change the whole world...but we can change one child's world  --Matthew 25:40

No comments:

Post a Comment