Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Workout Schedule

A couple people have asked about my training specifics.  Here is a screen shot of my schedule for the next four weeks leading up to the San Diego triathlon.
  • First, you can see in pink this is an easy (things being relative) week due to post recovery from the half marathon last Saturday. 
  • Column B represents my run schedule
  • Column C represents my bike and D is my swim requirement
  • Columns G&H represent additional strength and core workouts
  • The sum total for the week can be seen in purple in row 96, for example
  • When there are two entries in a given day as is the case of most Tuesdays that means that I bike for 45-minutes and then immediately run three miles…brick workout.  I blogged on this technique in my February 6th posting if you care to see a bit more info.  
Check out the 22 day stretch starting on Saturday (row 95) it’s brutal! 
  • Saturday, 9 mile run
  • Sunday 2.5 hour bike followed by a 3 mile run
  • Monday 60-minute swim followed by a core workout
  • Tuesday 45-minute bike, 3 mile run…etc. etc.  
 Some fun behind the scenes tidbits…   
USA Triathlon has requested and will post my story and involvement with Kenya Children's Fund on their website…I’ll provide a link once posted.
KCF is in the process of updating their website to include specific info on our partnership and a direct link to sponsor this initiative by posting “ironman” in the sponsorship form

Keep in touch…
And remember, we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us!  Phil-4:13
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment