Monday, March 11, 2013

Solid Training

Last week was a solid training week.  I ran 17 miles, biked 3.5 hours and swam 2 hours.  This week’s schedule calls for a small taper due to my Get Lucky half marathon on Saturday…I’ll run 27 miles (includes the half), bike 3 hours and swim 1 hour.  Last Saturday I met up with the gang from Gear West and did a comfortable 8 mile run…fun! 

Lifetime Fitness held their CyclePalooza 2-hour spin event yesterday…great experience!  There were some 300 athletes on spin bikes led by 5 different instructors including Troy Jacobson of Spinervals bike workouts.  The energy was unreal, the ride left me spent for the rest of the day and the overall event was awesome!    

I've been thinking a lot about my mid-April season opener ITU triathlon in San Diego…I'll blog details on this event shortly.  It's been fun to learn about destination racing and the planning that goes into it. 

Kenya Children’s Fund received a little snippet on MNTri News yesterday http://minnesotatrinews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1588:a-cool-letter-from-lee&catid=40:latest-features&Itemid=53   Thank you Jerry MacNeil!  Welcome to the blog if you were referred here from that site.   
 
I hope this finds you healthy and injury free!

No comments:

Post a Comment