Monday, February 25, 2013

ER Visit

My Saturday schedule called for an easy paced 6-mile run.  I had what I call concrete feet...my legs felt heavy and I was generally sluggish.  By mile three however I started to find a little rhythm and finished the run fairly relaxed.
10 minutes in to my 2.5 hour bike workout on Sunday morning while at spin class, I was told that my wife had been rushed to the ER...

Long story short, my wife Liz fell from a ladder that morning and severely fractured both bones in both arms at the wrist!  X-rays indicated that surgery was necessary and lasted some three hours.  She spent the night in recovery at the hospital.  As I post this a day later, I'm sitting by her side still in the hospital waiting for a possible check-out today.  Swelling has gone down a bit and her finger dexterity is better though still very minimal.  A bit surreal for sure...
The kids and I did well last night and I was on my bike trainer at 4:30 am this morning in order to get the kids on the school bus on arrive at the hospital by 8:00!  
More later

No comments:

Post a Comment