Friday, February 1, 2013

My first sponsorship!

Earlier this week I sent out a note to several friends and family briefly outling my mission as I run Ironman Wisconsin...thank you for the kind words of encouragement many of you returned! 
I'm excited to share with you that my long-time friend from Michigan stepped up big time today and sponsored my first 6 miles! 

In 2010, Ken and I took a hunt safari to South Africa...wow, what an experience.  That said, it was our extended trip to the Kenya Children’s Fund school in Kenya that was life-changing for Ken and I.   

Ken took the photo of our sponsored family; (r to l) Teresia, me, Sabina, Teresia’s son Ben, & Michael.  Teresia, is the oldest of her siblings Michael and Sabina.       

Ken's e-mail read…I can still remember it like it was last year; visiting your sponsored family.  A real opportunity to make a difference and you’re opening the door to allow folks to participate in that all important ministry!  All I can say is; thanks!  My response to Ken was...you’re the one who's making the difference with your contribution to KCF – thanks buddy!


My January 18th post below will give you background on my efforts with KCF as I run Ironman Wisconsin in September. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment