Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Philippians 4:13

A triathlon buddy of mine stopped in to see me at my office today.  We talked about many things; life, kids, dogs, tri training, etc. etc.  On his way out the door he saw a Kicking Bear poster that  hangs in my office and was intrigued by it.  I explained that Kicking Bear is a kids mentor program started by Ray Howell, a friend of mine.  I shared Ray’s story and mentioned that when Ray became a Christian he devoted his life to helping underprivileged kids and formed the Kicking Bear mentor program.  

My buddy said, "that’s pretty neat and reminds me of a cage boxer I was watching on TV who sported a Philippians 4:13 tattoo across his back." My friend went on to tell me how he had looked up the verse and found it to read; “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”  I said, “I know the verse very well…Philippians 4:13 is my theme verse for my Ironman More Than a Race mission!”

I have often taped this verse to my bike in preparation for a race -
Super cool coincidence!

I’m on day 5 of the 21-day nutrition cleanse.  All is going well but I’m finding it challenging to prepare my food.  I’m trying to be creative with food prep and make dishes other than salads.  It takes a bit of planning especially during the work-week.  Today is the first day that I’ve felt tired….it probably doesn’t help that I was in the pool at 5:30 this morning!

Anyway…I hope you are well and enjoying life.
Lee                 

No comments:

Post a Comment