Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day

Couple things today…
I finished week two with the masters swim group (there are only two of us) at LTF.  A great workout and the on-deck coach seems to know what she’s doing.  Join us if you’re interested (and in Minnetonka, MN) Thursday mornings at Crosstown club at 6:00 am.  The second thing…I mentioned a couple weeks ago that I may do a 21-day nutrition cleanse / purification.  Supplies have arrived; I start tomorrow!  More on this later but suffice to say that I’ll be eating like a rabbit for the next 21-days!         
  
Particularly fitting today, I opened a valentine card from my father-in-law and inside I found a most generous Kenya Children’s Fund sponsorship!  Ironically it was my in-laws Gene and Jeanne that introduced me to KCF many years ago.  Over the years, Gene travelled to Kinyago-Dandora several times and has experienced the overwhelming poverty.  His gift is most generous because I know he is a long-standing sponsor of KCF and this is above and beyond.  A thankful shout-out also goes to Bill, a life-long family friend who sent in a wonderful gift as well…I’m humbled by the these two men an their immediate response to help support my Ironman effort and bring attention to the Kenya Children’s Fund!    

It occurs to me that some of you have no idea how to sponsor KCF because my blog site does not include the sponsorship brochure I made…please post a comment if you would like a brochure e-mailed or sent by USPS.  And too please refer to my January 18th blog for a bit of background.

Distance  Food, Clothing Education       Cost
1-mile.............. 1 month.........................$38
2-miles............ 2 months.......................$76
6-miles............ 6 months.......................$228
12-miles..........12 months......................$456

No comments:

Post a Comment