Monday, June 17, 2013

A Great Father's Day Weekend

  • I had a strong 9-mile run on Saturday morning. 
  • Will, Sarah & I revamped our new duck coup - super fun! 
  • Mowed the lawn. 
  • Ended Saturday night making a fire in the fire pit for my son and his buddies. 
  • On Sunday morning (5:45) I met Derrick, Scott, Marta & Mary and we enjoyed a beautiful 60 mile bike ride.  I made it to church by 11:00! 
  • I finally put the canopy on the boat lift and got the boat in the water
  • Topped off the weekend with father’s day festivities, games and dinner at my brother-in-laws home!
        
Encouraging sponsorships for my “More Than A Race” Ironman effort continue to roll in strong! 
My lifelong friend Disa, who invited me to join her in a triathlon some 25 years ago (which I declined) sent in a very generous donation for the Kenya Children’s Fund.  Disa is an elite athlete who I admire greatly…she provides me with great inspiration!  Longtime friends Ralph & Vicki also sent in a wonderful sponsorship.  These two have been good business partners for years and have a great faith-story that they share openly!         
Thanks to all who have encouraged me through KCF sponsorship of 1, 2, 6 and even 12 miles!  To date your generous contributions have sponsored 72.5 miles of the 140.6 event.  We’re over half way! 

Regards,
Lee 

No comments:

Post a Comment