Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Race Prep

Finally had time to visit Gear West bike shop today to ask about my bike chain, which turns out was shot and needed to be replaced!  While I was there I decided to rent a full wetsuit as lake water temp remains cold at around 62 degrees!   I also bought a lightweight, windproof bike vest due to the cool and breezy forecast.  Training has been modest but good in these few days leading up to the race.  The idea is to reduce the intense training in order to rest and recuperate for race day, it’s called tapering.

I’ve mapped out my nutrition plan and know what I’ll eat and when (energy jell & cliff bar) on the race course.  I’ve also created a pretty realistic goal for myself that I believe is achievable!
Swim: 37 minutes  (similar pace to last year and similar to my timed pool swims)
Bike:  2:45 – 2:52 (19.5 – 20.5 mph average)
Run: 1:50 (8:30 pace / last year was 9:10 and I walked a considerable distance)
Total time including transitions = 5:19 – 5:26 / last year 5:34:30

No comments:

Post a Comment