Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Countdown to Liberty


Four days and counting until the Liberty Half Iron triathlon.  My last few workouts ( 9 mile run / 40 mile bike / 60 minute swim / 45min/3mile bike, run brick) have been strong.
I’m feeling anxious but, generally I’m excited.  I’ve got some minor reservations on my bike chain, but think I’ll be ok and I’m not quite sure what to do about my wetsuit.  I’ve not decided if I should wear my sleeveless or rent a full body wetsuit.  The water temp is apparently in the low 60’s so a full suit may be the way to go.  It simply requires a bit more coordination this week. 

The last two years I’ve signed up for this race but at the 11th hour I’ve opted-out of the Half and have run the shorter Olympic distance due to not feeling ready to take on the long course.  (1.2 swim/56 bike/13.1 run) This year I’m feeling ready for the long course!  This is an "A race" for me, so the plan is to race strong and see how the body preforms!
I’ll keep you posted!

Lee        

No comments:

Post a Comment