Thursday, June 20, 2013

Manitoba Fishing Adventure

As mentioned a few posts ago, I’m in the middle of a three week taper where my training intensity is much lower than it has been. It's my "summer break" before I build again for the Ironman in September.  
  • This week I did a great 1.2 mile open water swim with a group on Lake Minnewashta.  I’ve intended to hook up with them for over a year and finally made the commitment. 
  • Did my usual spinbike/run class at the club. 
  • Did a 30 mile GW tri club ride followed by a 3 mile run. 
  • Did my one hour masters swim class this morning. 
  • All in all I’m feeling great.  Most important, I'm injury free!
More rest.  I’m hosting 13 men and their sons and daughters in Manitoba, on what’s become a spectacular fishing adventure.  This is the fourth year that my son and I have had this experience together and we love it.  This year my 80 year old father joins us for what I hope is his best fishing ever!  I’m bringing my running gear and my wetsuit and plan to do some limited workouts while I’m there.   

I’ll share a few fish tales and will hopefully do so with photos filled with fish!
Lee

1 comment: