Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Break is Over



I've just returned from a wonderful fishing adventure in Manitoba Canada.  All logistics went according to plan, the fish were abundant, and the camaraderie was rich. Included was my good friend Mike, host of the trip, my 15 year old son, Will, my 80 year old father, Earl, my good friend Chris and his daughter Leah, and Chris's good friend and daughter, Jon and Abby...among others.     
The weather was a bit challenging this year.  It rained hard for a half day and occurred on the day that we ventured to the portage lake making the 1.2 mile portage a bit challenging.  The very next day the weather system blew through and the wind picked up in excess of 30 mph making boat travel treacherous, but adventurous! 
  
Rarely do I disconnect from communication, (e-mail, social media, telephone) but on this occasion I did and feel refreshed as the result.  Once connected however, I received an e-mail from my triathlon coach that read...are you done with your break?! 
On two occasions I enjoyed a 4 mile beautiful sunrise run but no other meaningful exercise to speak of.  I'm feeling rested and ready once again for full-on training mode.  As a matter of fact, I have a 30 mile bike ride tonight!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment