Thursday, June 27, 2013

Back In The (sore) Saddle

I won’t go into detail, only to say that last week while fishing I had an accident that resulted in a very bruised sit bone /mussel.  As the name implies, it’s the bone that you sit on. 
It’s still tender and was quite sore last night during my 30 mile bike ride.  I’m slightly apprehensive since it seems that my hamstring is connected to this bone and is causing a bit of a strain.  Seemingly no performance issues other than being sore; I’m praying for a quick recovery.   

I’m glad that my training break is over.  It’s relative of course, but I’m feeling fat and out of shape after my three week taper. 
This week’s ramp up schedule includes:
Wednesday - 30 mile bike ride / 3 mile run
Thursday – 60 minute bike / 60 minute swim
Friday - 6 mile run
Saturday – 4 hour (80 mile) bike
Sundayv - 12 mile run           

I’m thankful that the Kenya Children’s Fund sponsorships continue to be strong.  Hugh and Laura recently took advantage of the online process (linked from this blog) for their generous sponsorships.   It’s worth noting that the online process is slightly confusing.  That said, if you use this link http://kenyachildrensfund.org/about/news.php#dv.19  also found on the right side of this blog and take your time, it works!  Also, good friends AJ & Kelly made a special donation.  Their family supports children in Kenya through a different organization making this donation to KCF above and beyond! 
I am grateful for the commitment that each of you has made to support my More Than A Race effort and the love that you have shown to the children!
We’re now at 56% of the goal ($3,009 of $5,343) with 9 weeks to go!

Regards,
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment