Thursday, July 25, 2013

Chisago triathlon

Yesterday morning I swam about 1.2 miles with a group on Lake Minnewashta.  I've not used a wetsuit for my last two open water swims and felt good despite the lack of additional flotation the wetsuit provides.  Then last evening, I rode 26 miles with the Gear West tri club B-group which averaged just over 18 mph. Following this I ran 6 miles and felt that I could have run all night despite a hiccup I've developed in my right hip and right ankle!  Not exactly sure what's going on, but I experience a sharp pain in both areas that decreases in intensity after about 2 miles. hmmm.  
The countdown for the Chisago half iron distance tri begins now.  The gun goes off this Sunday morning for the 1.2 mile swim, 56 bike and 13.1 half marathon run. I'm feeling as fit, if not slightly more fit, than I did for the Liberty half iron in June!  My swim is good, my bike is strong, and my run is probably the best it's ever been.  I pray that the hip and ankle issues clear up before race morning! 
 

 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment