Monday, July 29, 2013

Weekend Results


Great weekend. 
On Saturday morning I joined Liz and Sarah at Sarah’s horse show at the Scott County fairgrounds in Jordan. Sarah has become a very accomplished rider and it’s fun to see her bring it together in competition.  And what’s more, it’s fun to see Sarah and Liz together enjoying the whole lifestyle.  Heck, I even wore my cowboy boots! 
I stayed until about noon and then with my gear already packed, I headed off for my half iron triathlon in Chisago Lakes.   See the post below…

First, the good news…all went well during the race! 
The breakdown:  Transition setup was solid and without issue.  The swim felt strong although it was the roughest (frequent contact with other swimmers) swim I’ve ever had!  The transition to the bike was fairly fast due to a great transition location close to the “bike out.”  Possibly due to the cold morning or more likely due to mussel fatigue, my hips and hamstrings felt tight for the first 25 miles and I had to be cautious.  A little weird but I also had a difficult time determining my perceived energy output…it felt like I was pounding on the bike but my average mph indicated 19.  I was hoping for 20+.  My prerace fluid intake  was apparently excessive, I had to pee twice on the bike which significantly screws up your bike momentum.  I was looking forward to getting off the bike and running.  My body did not disappoint.  My hip continued to be mildly tight but I had virtually no pain in my ankle or knee!  Thank you Lord, Thank you Lord!  I felt strong thoughout the entire 13.1 miles and ended up finishing with a slight pickup.  I beat last year’s time by 13 minutes…I'm pleased with this result all things considered. 
 

Last week was strong in terms of KCF sponsorship…we raised $516! 
I’m grateful for the generousity of our good friends the Wilsons who share Liz’s and Sarah’s passion for horses…our daughters are BFF.  I’m also grateful for my friend Ann who used the online donation process.  Ann is an outstanding elite triathlete and typically places within the top 5 overall each time she races!  I admire her and her drive to compete while being an excellent mom!
Also sending in generous KCF sponsorships were Ron & Ann and Tom. Longtime friends of our family and attend the same bible study as my father-in-law. 
We’re getting close…
We have $817 left to go in the next 41 days, I think we’ll make it.   
$5,343
-4,526
  $817


No comments:

Post a Comment