Sunday, July 7, 2013

Mission accomplished

Sunday evening; the long 4th of July weekend is coming to a close.  I ran 16 miles on Saturday and felt good the entire way.  My pace averaged 8:44.  During my cool down walk I thought it would be very difficult to start running again!  It's probably naive of me to think that I can run the entire marathon without stopping but I fear that if I stop I won't start again.  I'm not going to lie...the thought of an additional 10 miles is intimidating!  
Today with hot and humid conditions, I biked 47 miles at about 19 mph average.  It was hot and I sweat profusely, nonetheless a solid ride!  Ironically my legs felt better after the ride than before.
The coming week brings a challenging but doable training schedule that ends with an 18 mile run next Saturday!  The Ironman Wisconsin bike course preview is in two weeks, can't wait...more on that later!
I'll make a couple more efforts to bring awareness to KCF in the coming weeks...more on that later as well.
Hope you had a safe and fun 4th celebration.
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment