Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Swim Distance

Strong run and bike workouts as of late have me feeling confident.  I continue to do back to back bike/run bricks and they have been solid as well.   
If there’s a weak link in my program it may be my swim.  Ironic in that the swim has been a strong element for me in the past.  Overall it’s not weak, but, I have yet to add significant distance.  My typical swim is a little over a mile, I need to immediately increase the distance to 2 miles during this last 60-day push!  

I’m feeling intimidated by the significant distance of the bike (112 miles) and the run (26.2 miles) courses.  It’s hard to get my head around the fact that it’s twice as long as I’ve attempted.  And when I try to encourage myself with the fact that I finished my last half iron distance strong, it’s no help…again, the full iron is twice that far!  What was I thinking when I signed up for this?! 

I received two KCF sponsorships this week from good friends Gea and Barb.  Gea is a spin instructor at Lifetime Fitness and an outstanding triathlete...She's really helped me to improve my fitness.  Also, longtime family friend Barb sent in a generous sponsorship.  Additionally, Barb inquired about an ongoing sponsorship of a KCF child – super cool!  I’m grateful and humbled by the outpouring of gifts KCF has received!
Thank you

Wednesday – 1 hour swim / 2 hour bike / 3 mile run
Thursday – 9 mile pace run
Friday - 60 minute swim
Saturday – 2.5 hour bike
Sunday 18 mile run

No comments:

Post a Comment