Thursday, July 18, 2013

Ironman Wisconsin bike preview

13 of us are headed to Madison Wisconsin this afternoon to preview the Ironman bike course.   The plan is to meet at the Menona Terrace Helix on Friday morning to discuss transition then ride the 112 mile course and clonclude the day with a 4 mile brick run.  On Saturday we’ll ride 70 miles.  Nearly 200 miles of riding…I’ll probably feel that, won't I?!

As mentioned in an earlier blog, I made the decision to increase my swim mileage this week.  On Tuesday, I knocked off an uninterrupted 1.8 mile open water (lake) swim in an hour…it felt good.  This morning we swam 3,000 yards in masters swim class...again, I felt great!      

I’m starting to make final tweaks to my gear and part of this included the decision to rent race wheels for Ironman Wisconsin. They’re aerodynamically proven to reduce the effort output on the bike by as much as 20%.  Theory being that this energy savings will transfer to the run portion of the event…I’ll need it! 
Hope you are well and enjoying summer.  It's been ridulously hot and humid for the last week here in Minneapolis! 
Lee 

No comments:

Post a Comment