Saturday, July 27, 2013

Press On

Not exactly sure what to think...what started out as a tight hip has now in the last three days developed into an ankle and knee issue.  In order to better understand what's going on I made a trip to the massage therapist and wellness chiropractor.  Both indicated that my pain may be due to a tight hip flexor, soas muscle (high glute) and tibialls (front outside of calf).  I'm on day two of icing my ankle and knee.
Spoke at length with Dr. Aaron who I have great trust and he believes I can race tomorrow without risking further injury.  So here I sit in the hotel room icing my ankle which has been pain free all day!  After my daughters horse show this morning I drove up to the race site in Chisago City, checked in and went for a quick 20 minute swim.  All my gear is staged and I'm feeling ready to rumble despite still having a little tweak in my knee and groin...
The weather man really missed the forecast.  What was supposed to be a beautiful day has turned into an all day rain!  Hope it clears up in the morning!  

No comments:

Post a Comment