Monday, July 1, 2013

Put The Hammer Down

On one hand I’m starting to panic...a mere 10 weeks until Ironman Wisconsin!  On the other hand I’m feeling confident that my 7 months of training thus far has prepared me for the next phase of training and ultimately for the big event in September!  Last year at this time I could hardly finish a 13 mile training run without walking.  Last Saturday I knocked off a strong 60 mile bike ride with good friends Scott, Marta, Derrick, Danny and Jedd.

Then on Sunday I ran 12 miles nonstop at a relaxed 8:16 pace.  My body was a bit tight this morning on my 4 mile run and feeling the effects of the weekend pace, but nonetheless, I press on!     
My buddy e-mailed me this morning and said “you ready to put the hammer down now that you’re rested?” He's referring to my summer training break.   
This week includes 30 miles of running, 5 hours of biking and 2.75 hours of swimming!
 

Several more KCF sponsorships came in last week.  Lifelong friend and Ironman training partner Scott came through with an encouraging sponsorship as did his mother-in-law.  Ironically, I have not met Scott’s mother-in-law.  She sponsored KCF because Scott brought it to her attention through this effort.  This represents the very thing that I’m trying to accomplish!  She believes in the profound impact that KCF is doing for the kids of Kinyago-Dandora and sponsored their effort, not mine.  Shirley, my former strength training coach sent in a generous gift as well.  It was Shirley who helped me train for my first sprint distance triathlon 5 years ago!  Thank you Shirley!  And last but not least, (my adopted aunt and uncle) Otto & Marilyn (Liz’s aunt and uncle) sent in a special sponsorship gift as well.  It arrived in my birthday card.  What a great gift, helping kids in need!

Summer is here in Minnesota, the weather is forecasted to be perfect this week!
I pray a special blessing on you and I'm thankful for your support and notes of encouragement! 
Lee      

No comments:

Post a Comment