Monday, August 12, 2013

14 Mile Run / 100 Mile Bike


 All around great 4-day weekend!  Not only was my training solid, we continued to have a great time at the fair.  Sarah was pleased with her overall performance and placed several times in different horse competitions.  As we drove home last evening at about 9:00 pm it occurred to me that it took all (Liz, Will, Sarah and I) of our effort to support Will and Sarah's 4H competition; a true family affair!  
My 14 mile run on Saturday was good.  I took it fairly easy and enjoyed running mostly pain free!  Then on Sunday I rode 100 miles solo...it's amazing how far 100 miles takes you in the metro!  As the result of yesterday's ride, I will again make a couple tweaks to my bike course nutrition plan anticipating Ironman but I'm getting real close to having it dialed-in which gives me confidence.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment