Wednesday, August 14, 2013

We did it - KCF Goal Reached!

Praise God from whom all blessings flow…Together we’ve reached our Kenya Children’s Fund goal to support 12 kids with food, clothing and education for an entire year!
A reoccurring question I hear is; how did I calculated the goal sponsorship amount? 
Here’s how;
·        1 month of KCF sponsorship for one child costs $38 dollars. 
·        I associated 1 month of sponsorship with 1 mile of the race and multiplied $38 dollars by 140.6 miles (the distance of the race) which equals $5,343. 
·        Therefore, each sponsored mile of the race equals one month of food, clothing and education for a child. 
·        Looking at it globally; one year of sponsorship for one child costs $456 ($38x12).  $5,343 divided by $456 = 12.  Or, 12 kids sponsored for an entire year.                     

To date your donations total $5,384; our goal was $5,343…
Of course, very meaningful for me personally as I know firsthand the wonderful blessing your contributions will have on the children of Kinyago-Dandora. 
I’m humbled by your generosity.  Simple words of thanks seem lacking compared to this grand accomplishment.  I pray that you feel blessed and will experience great joy as the result of showing your love to these kids in need. 

And, what incredible motivation and encouragement for me as I race each mile knowing that we are contributing to the health and wellbeing of 12 children in need - WOW!  

It’s not too late to participate…several of you have recently become aware of this effort and have taken interest in sponsorship.  You are welcome to contact me directly at leesironman@gmail.com or visit the KCF website (click on the KCF images) for sponsorship opportunity. 

More later…training is going well, I’m healthy and feeling confident…a bit overwhelmed right now, but confident!
Lee             

No comments:

Post a Comment