Friday, August 2, 2013

HAPPY 13TH BIRTHDAY TO MY BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER SARAH WHO I LOVE AND ADMIRE SO MUCH. 


This weekend brings the annual Tour de Tonka bike ride.  A fully supported bike course with several  distances (26,43, 51,77, 100) for riders to choose.  This year, my friend Scott and I will ride the 100 mile loop.  We plan to stop (for water) only when necessary in order to log a steady endurance ride.  Can't wait, sure to be a fun day! 

Overall training:
This week was relatively easy due to a required postrace recovery period.  The pain deep within my hip flared up big time in the last few days.  A 4 mile run on Thursday morning was difficult due to my hip that never relaxed.  Today's 4 mile run was slightly easier and seemed to loosen modestly at the end.  In addition to the obvious concern of further straining the immediate area, I'm concerned that I'll compensate my gate stride and affect other muscles...The good news; there seems to be no ill-affect on my bike and swim efforts this week.  I rode with the A group on Wednesday evening and although tired from the past weekend's race, I faired pretty well after about mile 20.  Solid open water swim effort on wednesday.
Last night, I received my training schedule leading up to Ironman Wisconsin.  In a word, brutal...details to follow.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend and that you're enjoying the final weeks of this beautiful summer!
Lee             

No comments:

Post a Comment