Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Race Day Strategy

In addition to figuring out my bike nutrition I’ve been giving consideration to race day strategy…Many I know look to the Endurance Nation guys and their basic rules:


·        Ironman race day is about execution NOT fitness
·        Good race execution is having a good run
·        A good run is defined by not slowing down
·        There is no such thing as a good bike and a bad run
·        Nothing matters until you hit the line; mile 18 on the run
·        Stay in the box – think about those things that you can control at the moment
·        “The one thing”  Why I’m racing IMWI = KCF
·        Bike Course: "Just ride along" for the first 1 - 1.5 hours (25-30 miles)
·        Run Course: Miles 1-6, the pace should be 30-seconds slower per mile than my easy pace until mile 6
·        Miles 6-18:  Run at a comfortable pace getting all the nutrition that I need
·        Miles 18-26:  The goal is to not slow down

No comments:

Post a Comment