Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Final Stretch

  • Great weekend of training…13 mile run @ 8:26 pace on Saturday followed by a 60 mile bike ride @ 18.7 mph average and 7 mile @ 8:35 run on Sunday!
  • This ends my last build/sharpen block…as of yesterday I’m officially tapering (reducing volume and intensity leading up to race day)
  • I’m feeling 98% healthy, very prepared & organized and ready for the race, now, just 12 days off. 
  • Our family went to the MN State Fair yesterday for the presentation of my son's mallard raising project! Well done Will, proud of you! 
  • I was just notified that my good friends Ray and Karen just made a difference in a KCF child’s life with their online donation.  Ray and Karen do amazing work in the lives of kids through their Kicking Bear One-On-One mentorship ministry. http://www.kickingbear.org/ 
  • KCF proceeds now exceed our goal by $497.  This means that we have raised enough to sponsor 13 KCF kids for a year
  • Congratulations to my friend Greg who successfully finished Ironman Louisville on Sunday in 91 degree heat…unreal!
  • Emotionally charged as of late…a bit overwhelmed and life seems to be moving very fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment