Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tidbits

  • Ironman Wisconsin issued participant race numbers – I’m #2589
  • I rented a GPS tracking device for race day…Later I’ll provide the link which you’ll be able to log-on to and see my course position on race day    
  • All in all, I feel decent after the weekend
  • Saturday’s 20 miler was solid, if I do say so myself. Kinda tried to simulate IM pace…averaged 8:51
  • Sunday’s 3.5 hour bike ride was good.  Did not get to the 7 mile brick run…a bit pressed for time and it “didn’t feel right” from the get-go.  I walked a mile and called it a day 
  • Good open water swim yesterday – My son Will has been my Monday evening boat driver all summer.  For safety he drives the boat next to me while I swim – great help 
  • I felt like testing my run a bit this morning after a 45 minute spin bike…7:51 average 4 mile
  • Tomorrow, (Wednesday’s) is my favorite day of the workout week!  I love the early morning Lake Minnewashta OW swim, it’s always fun to ride with the Gear West A group, and have followed the ride with a 4-6 mile brick afterward

No comments:

Post a Comment